What the ...

"Weird story has surfaced of HSBC customers being asked to explain why they want to withdraw large amounts in cash, and in some cases provide proof of what they intend to do with it.  I first thought this must be some kind of spoof, but to my horror (I bank with them) HSBC have confirmed that this was a new policy introduced at the back-end of last year, although they don't seem to be quite clear as to the reason. They have suggested that it's something to do with money laundering but of course this ignores the basic fact that my money is mine, and what I do with it is no business of theirs.  How much are we talking about?  Well that too doesn't seem to be clear - one customer said that they had been told they couldn't withdraw more than £1000, whereas another said the limit was £3000. Perhaps the strangest aspect is that in a statement the bank has said that this policy is for the protection of their customers - so they might refuse to let me have my own money for my protection??  Apparently they are reviewing the situation, and I should think so too!"

Read :  http://rndman.blogspot.be/2014/01/what-the.html.

I sincerely hope we are not going in the same direction ! Those bankers really believe they are the masters of the world !! Unbelievable !!!

No comments: