Misser

For years now I have participated in a 10 day coach trip through France in September. It used to be the highlight of my year. The trip changed every year but centered on 3 days in Lourdes and the Pyrenees. Some of my best memories are linked to that trip and to the company. After so many years, most participants were like family.

And I discovered sensational regions of France which  I never visited before but have revisited since.

A couple of hours ago I had to send a mail announcing that I will not be at the start next Saturday morning. It is not the first trip that I have had to cancel this year. One day I feel like a king, the next I feel like a beggar, but mostly I feel like sh**. That's getting old I suppose.

I will try not to follow the progress of the trip in my mind, that might be a mite too painful. But I wish a magnificent trip and a very fruitful pilgrimage to all the participants.

1 comment:

Johan said...

Ik hoop dat dit nieuws maar een nare droom is en dat we je morgenochtend toch mogen ontmoeten.