Clueless in Europe

-- The best possible description of our leaders gathered to stem the development van het monstrous crisis which is building up ? They just do not know what to do. They are utterly clueless.

-- The best possible description of the markets. They really do not know what they want (except preserving and developing profits) and they do not know what will take them to profit paradise. They just do not know what to do and react on every shred of preferably irrelevant information. They are utterly clueless.

Now, in mathematics, two negatives make a positive. But I do not see this happening here. And  you may begin to understand why I am getting more and more anxious, nay, frightened, about the short and long term outlook in Europe and elsewhere.

Armageddon ?

I have lived nearly 71 years without (consciously) experiencing a war. For many many years up to the 1990s my fear was the outbreak of another world war, and God, have we been close ...

But I never thought about a possible economic and financial catastrophy eating away the foundations of our democratic societies. And that is what I am seeing now. I think this experience may turn out even worse than a world war. The wars destroyed our populations but did not destroy our democracies and civilisations as such. The crisis which is developing now may do all of that.

No comments: