Ars sacra

Yesterday I bought my biggest, heaviest and most expensive book ever. It is an extremely weighty  jewel of a book with magnificant reproductions. I had seen it one or two times in  bookshops and it called out to me, but I ignored it. But my third visit was lethal.

I had a lot of trouble bringing the monstrous package home by bus. I don't think I ever took so large a packet on  a coach. I just now had a superficial and not even complete look but I was surprised to see the number of outstanding works of art that I have seen with my very own eyes over the last six-seven years.

I now see that I could have bought it on Amazon for approximately 25 € less. Still, it definitely my best buy ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No euros mister economist : dollars.

See : http://www.amazon.com/ARS-SACRA-Christian-Western-World/dp/3833151404/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0.