January 31 1801

My grandmother Maria Antonia De Vidts was born on a January 31. Another ancestor named De Vidts died on the same day of 1801.

Joanna De Vidts died in Lieferinge on that day. She was the spouse of Petrus Van de Houte , who was born ca 1723 and died in Lieferinge in 1775. I know who her parents were, but I have not been able to link this branch to the De Vidts family in Pamel, which figures so prominently in my family tree.

Joanna and Petrus had four children at least, one of which, Petronilla (Lieferinge 1750 - 1818) married the one but last squire (heer) of Lieferinge Philippe Maximilien Sigmonde (?) Cornille De Colins (ca 1757 - 1800). Their daughter Anna Maria De Colins (Lieferinge 1780 - 1839) was a grandmother of my great grandfather Jozef Timmermans (Meerbeke 1858 -1929).

There is another Devits in my family tree who remains a mystery to me : Joanna was born ca 1808 : I do not know where or when exactly. She married Joannes Baptiste Ravijts, who must have been born ca 1808 also. I do not know their ascendants. But their daughter Rosalia was born in Nieuwenhove in 1839. She was my paternal grandmother's grandmother.

No comments: